[Image-SIG] Is PIL Windows broken?

Kevin Cazabon KCAZA@cymbolic.com
Tue, 07 Dec 1999 13:40:08 -0800

I've run into a small problem with it that's actually silly...

Python can use DLL files named either ".dll" or ".pyd".  It prefers ".pyd" files
however.

So, if your 'old' installation of PIL had ".pyd" files, but the new one has ".dll"s
(which are still hanging around because the didn't get overwritten when you
upgraded), you're hosed because it still loads the old ".pyd".

So, either delete the old "dll" files before installing the new PIL, or maybe we
should standardize on ".pyd" files.  Having both causes problems with both Tkinter
and _imaging.

Kevin Cazabon.

>>> "Jeffrey Kunce" <kuncej@mail.conservation.state.mo.us> 12/07/99 08:42AM >>>
>Is the binary for windows broken? I can't use it on my 1.5.2 instalation.
>Does it need any extra files besides the download from pythonware?

It works for me fine on NT.
But I have troubles with it on Windows 98 - it has troubles locating the DLLs.

  --Jeff