[Image-SIG] Hi...

David Ascher da@ski.org
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 15:13:28 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

> The problem that I have is that I try to link a C module with Python.
> I seached in the "Extending and Embedding Python" manual, and in this
> manual describe two ways. One is use ``Dynamic Loading'' and I did not
> find it. So, the other way is show in the section 1.5, that is put the
> sourse of the module in the "Modules" directory, and rebuilt. But I
> did not find that directory. I don't know if Python for windows is
> different to Python for Unix, and all Python documentation is to
> Python for Unix.

It is indeed quite different. The simplest way I know to build a Python
extension module on Windows is to take my "compile.py" program

   http://starship.python.net/crew/da/compile/

create a Setup file which has the two lines

*shared*
mymodule mymodule.c

and run compile.py on that file.  That will create files for Developer
Studio (the microsoft compiler) which are then easy to build.

Let me know if you have problems with it.

--david