[Image-SIG] writing a file decoder

James Curry jcurry@llnl.gov
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 13:22:28 -0700

Hi,

I'm attempting to write my own file decoder using the example in the PIL
handbook as a model. My image files are in the FITS (Flexible Image
Transport System) format. They have a 2880 byte header, followed by the
image data which is 32 bit unsigned big-endian integer. I'm using the
raw decoder (mode F;32B). The plug-in works - sort of. I'm wondering how
I can control how the pixel values get mapped to colors. What I'd like
is grey scale mapping or a mapping to a spectrum of red to blue. Can
someone offer some pointers?

Thanks.
-Jim

- -
James Curry                            | Phone: 925.423.1106
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory | FAX:   925.423.6775
P.O. Box 808, MS:L-183                 |
Livermore, CA  94550                   | jcurry@llnl.gov