[Image-SIG] Your wish is my command (long)

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 12:03:49 -0400 (EDT)

Fredrik Lundh writes:
 > richard> Unfortunately, the PNG implementation in PIL is bare-bones,
 > richard> and I'd remedy that if I had the time (which I will do soon,
 > richard> but it's just one thing on a list...).
 >
 > What do you have in mind here?  The only thing I can think of is that the
 > current implementation doesn't support interlaced PNG's (patches are wel-
 > come).  What else have I missed?

  I have some patches for the PNG support that I'll send in as soon as
I have a chance to clean it up a little.  It adds support for some
additional chunk types and changes the handling of tEXt chunks a
little.  I'll describe it in more detail when I post the patch.
(Probably next week sometime.)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>
1895 Preston White Dr.	    Reston, VA  20191