[IMAGE-SIG] Converting GIF to PostScript for printing

Rowland, Scott SRowland@BIOCRYST.com
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 17:07:57 -0600

Hi Image Processing SIG,

I am attempting to write a Python Script which retrieves reports from an
HTTP server and prints them out. The reports are accessible on a page by
page basis in the form of scanned images in GIF format. I have been
using PIL/Python 1.5 on a PC and was doing fine until I tried to use the
PSDraw class to convert the GIF to PostScript for printing. It appears
that GIF images are not supported in the PSDraw class.

Is there a way around this problem? Is some utility/program for the PC I
could use?

Thanks in advance,

Scott Rowland

R. Scott Rowland, Ph.D.
BioCryst Pharmaceuticals,Inc.
2190 Parkway Lake Dr., Birmingham, AL 35244
Phone:(205) 444-4600    FAX:(205) 444-4640
Email: srowland@biocryst.com WWW: http://www.biocryst.com

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org