[IMAGE-SIG] .03a.3 problems

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Wed, 4 Feb 1998 09:07:45 +0100

This is a libjpeg 6.0 vs. 6.0a problem.  Earlier releases was written
for the (relatively old) 6.0 release, which used "METHODDEF type".
In 6.0a, this was changed to "METHODDEF(type)".

In my copy of RedHat 4.2, there's a libjpeg 6.0a installed under
/usr/lib.  Maybe you have an older copy somewhere else?

Cheers /F

(and yes, I should have made it clear that this release required
6.0a in the news section and the changes document).

> From: Dirk Elmendorf <delmendo@cymitar.net>
> To: image-sig@python.org <image-sig@python.org>
> Subject: [IMAGE-SIG] .03a.3 problems
>
>I just got .3a3 when I try to compile I get:
>
>gcc -O -I./. -I/usr/local/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H   -c JpegDecode.c -o JpegDecode.o
>JpegDecode.c:38: parse error before `void'
>JpegDecode.c:44: parse error before `boolean'
>JpegDecode.c:51: parse error before `void'
>JpegDecode.c:92: parse error before `void'
>JpegDecode.c:96: `cinfo' undeclared here (not in a function)
>JpegDecode.c:96: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
>JpegDecode.c:98: parse error before `->'
>JpegDecode.c:98: conflicting types for `longjmp'
>/usr/include/setjmp.h:93: previous declaration of `longjmp'
>JpegDecode.c:98: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
>JpegDecode.c: In function `ImagingJpegDecode':
>JpegDecode.c:123: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
>make: *** [JpegDecode.o] Error 1
>
>I'm using RedHat 4.2 using gcc. It seems to have problems with the METHODDEF()

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org