[IMAGE-SIG] PIL problem

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 08:42:17 +0100

>forgive me if this is a stupid question, but i'm at a loss just now.
>i built and installed PIL 0.3a1 on my SGI ( irix 5.3 )this weekend, and
>it all built and worked fine.  i'm trying tonight to do the same on
>my laptop running redhat linux 5.0, without success.  everything builds
>ok, but when i try the "import imaging" step, i get an undefined error
>on the symbol ImagingCrack.  I see this is declared in
>libImaging/Imaging.h, and referenced in _imagingmodule.c.  But i can't
>find where it is defined.  what am i missing?

a clever enough compiler? ;-)

that reference was left in there by mistake; the ImagingCrack
function is called a static function which is not referenced from
anywhere else in the file, and both compilers used to test that
release (MSVC, Digital's cc) didn't generate any code for that
function.  gcc isn't that clever, though...

to fix this, grab 0.3a3 from http://www.pythonware.com

Cheers /F

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org