[Image-SIG] Re: [PSA MEMBERS] Python 1.5.2 core dumps on Linux

Charles G Waldman cgw@pgt.com
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 12:25:46 -0500 (EST)

Me:
 > #0  0x8077563 in PyObject_Print (op=0x81084fd, fp=0x80dde40, flags=0) at object.c:178
 > 178                     else if (op->ob_type->tp_print == NULL) {
 > (gdb) print op->ob_type
 > $1 = (PyTypeObject *) 0x6e697274
 > (gdb) print op->ob_type->tp_print
 > Cannot access memory at address 0x6e697290.
 > (gdb)

Greg Stein:
 > Something stomped on memory.
 >
 > The obtype pointer corresponds to the characters 'nirt'. I find it rare
 > that "real" pointers only contain valid characters, so I'd say memory
 > was walked on.

We can close the books on this one.  This was also due to eval_code2
not setting "retval" to NULL.  I had been using an out-of-date CVS
tree (shame on me!).  This problem is not present in the current
version of ceval.c (2.159).