[Image-SIG] Problems installing PIL

Piet van Oostrum piet@cs.uu.nl
26 Aug 1998 12:59:09 +0200

I am trying to install the Python Imaging Library version 0.3b2 on Solaris
(SunOS 5.6) and get the following compilation error:

gcc -O -I./. -I/sw/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -c  JpegDecode.c
JpegDecode.c:111: conflicting types for `ImagingJpegDecode'
Imaging.h:299: previous declaration of `ImagingJpegDecode'
JpegDecode.c: In function `ImagingJpegDecode':
JpegDecode.c:136: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
JpegDecode.c:143: invalid operands to binary -
JpegDecode.c:216: warning: passing arg 1 from incompatible pointer type
JpegDecode.c:237: invalid operands to binary -
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `JpegDecode.o'

/sw/include contains the include files for zlib jpeg etc.

The strange thing is that the two declarations mentioned are the same:

JpegDecode.c:111:
int
ImagingJpegDecode(Imaging im, ImagingCodecState state, UINT8* buf, int bytes)
{
Imaging.h:299:
extern int ImagingJpegDecode(Imaging im, ImagingCodecState state,
			     UINT8* buffer, int bytes);

Unless something is redeclared in the meantime.

Does anybody have a clue?

The warnings can probably be ignored.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet@cs.uu.nl>