[IMAGE-SIG] fstobdf and/or pil fonts

Fredrik Lundh fredrik.lundh@image.combitech.se
Wed, 17 Sep 1997 16:07:47 +0200

> I intend to use PIL for some web applications on our site, however i
> havent been lucky to find any place that could possibly have the
> fstobdf converter.  since we run on BSD and apparently fstobdf is
> not native on this plataform i would like to know if anyone could
> send me the fstobdf or inform me where to find it, or, send me some
> pil fonts to make some tests.

fstobdf is part of the X window system distribution (it's in X11R5 and
later, at least).  These distributions also includes a bunch of BDF
files that you can use directly:

    http://www.opengroup.org/tech/desktop/x/gettingx.htm

If you don't want to download the ~30 MB X11 distribution, I managed
to find an unpacked kit at the following site:

    http://www.funet.fi/pub/X11/XFree86/3.3/untarred/xc/fonts/bdf/

Cheers /F

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org