[PYTHON IMAGE-SIG] docs for ImagePath? (and a bug)

Fredrik Lundh fredrik_lundh@ivab.se
Sat, 10 May 1997 16:24:44 +0200

> I've been reading the source for path.c to try to figure out the ImagePath
> module. As far as I can tell, ImagePath does the following. Can someone
> (Hi Fredrik!) confirm or deny these bits?

Cannot wait for official releases, can you ;-)

As far as I could tell, you got it all right.  And what you describe
won't change much in 0.2b5, so feel free to start using it.

FWIW, here's some other things that will be present in 0.2b5 (to be
released any day soon):

- faster paste operations (including some magic to greatly speed up
  crop/paste sequences)

- faster Tk interface, including support for transparent photo images
  (now that's pretty cool!)

- histogram over region of interest

- more formats, including Image Composer, FlashPix, PIXAR, McIdas
and the usual bunch of bug fixes and performance improvements

Now, if I only could get around to fix the palette stuff, the next
release will be 0.2 final.

Cheers	/F (http://hem1.passagen.se/eff)

PS. "city block distance?"  Yep, that's what you get when you have to
drive around the block, instead of walking across the park.  The
distance between (0,0) and (1,1) is thus 2.

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org