[PYTHON IMAGE-SIG] PIL installation

Fredrik Lundh fredrik_lundh@ivab.se
Sun, 4 May 1997 15:23:54 +0200

> >	TclError: unknown color name "systembuttonface"
>
> This is not a problem with PIL. This is a tkinter bug.
> To fix it, simply replace 'systembuttonface' with 'gray85'
> and it should work fine. (I had the same problem.)

It's actually a bug in the viewer.py script (systembuttonface isn't
defined in Unix versions of Tk(inter)):

Here's an improved version, which uses a temporary label widget to get
the correct background colour:

    #
    # handle transparent images

    w = Label()
    r, g, b = root.winfo_rgb(w["background"])
    rgb = r / 256, g / 256, b / 256
    w.destroy()

(from 0.2b5, which I hopefully will get time to release real soon now...)

Cheers	/F (http://hem1.passagen.se/eff)

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org