[PYTHON IMAGE-SIG] basic IP

Christian Tismer tismer@tismer.com
Sun, 02 Mar 1997 16:32:21 +0100

viennet@ura1507.univ-paris13.fr wrote:

> Ivan Keller writes:
> > Hello!
> > I'm looking for a basic image processing Library for Python. I have to do
> > mathematical processing, so I only need some module to easy manipulate image
> > files. I'm using the pythonwin - Version 1.0 beta 1 for Windows 95. Can you
> > help me ?
>
> you should have a look at PIL to read/write/display your images, and
> use Numerical Python to do your mathematical computation.

And you should quickly use a newer PythonWin version.
BTW, beta 4 contains a stable but slightly out of date version of
numpy, after that it is not included. You can keep it and then move
on to beta 7 which I highly recommend.

> A beta Win95/NT version of NumPy is available from
>  http://www.sls.lcs.mit.edu/~jjh/numpy
>
> > Excuse me for my horrible english...
> > Thank.
>
> Mine is worse...
> Emmanuel

Not to mention my Kraut speak - chris

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org