[IMAGE-SIG] Compiling PIL 0.3a1 on SunOS 4.1.4_JL

Tamito Kajiyama kajiyama@grad.sccs.chukyo-u.ac.jp
Fri, 13 Jun 97 02:32:00 JST

Hi, PIL maintainers.

I tried out the PIL extension version 0.3a1 last night.  I've used a
Sun4/5 running SunOS 4.1.4_JL. I compiled the extension with gcc
2.7.2.1, and installed it in combination with Python 1.4 final.

To compile the source files and obtain `_imagingmodule.so', I needed to
edit `Imaging/Makefile' and `Imaging/libImaging/Makefile' manually,
since the configure script did not recognize the needs of the compiler
option `-fPIC' which make the compiler generate position-independent
code.  Moreover, I edited the former Makefile so that the linker `ld'
linked a shared form of the libjpeg-6a library (I also re-installed the
libjpeg-6a library, since I'd installed only `libjpeg.a').

I hope this message help you.  If these are already known problems,
please excuse me ;-)

Regargs,

--
Kajiyama Tamito (e-mail: kajiyama@grad.sccs.chukyo-u.ac.jp)

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org