[PYTHON IMAGE-SIG] PIL 0.3a1 now available

Fredrik Lundh fredrik.lundh@image.combitech.se
Mon, 2 Jun 1997 19:28:59 +0200

Folks,

  In the great PIL tradition of only releasing alphas and betas, I've
decided to skip 0.2 final and go directly on to 0.3.  The reason is
simple: I've added way too many features during the 0.2 beta phase
(cannot really complain about that, can you?).  Anyway, to make up for
this, I plan to make a quick test cycle for 0.3.  There will probably
be only one beta (some cool user-provided patches, a few other fixes,
a handbook), in mid-June, followed by a 0.3final towards the end of
the month.

The alpha release can be found here:

    http://starship.skyport.net/crew/fredrik/Imaging-0.3a1.tar.gz (240k)

A prebuilt Windows binary will be available later this week.

Enjoy	/F

The Python Imaging Library 0.3a1

This is an alpha release of the new Python Imaging Library (PIL).

News highlights in 0.3a1 (as compared to 0.2b4):

+ Support floating point images, including new decoders to deal with
  virtually any kind of input data.

+ The Tk interface now supports transparent images.
  *** NOTE: the Tk interface has been changed; you need to rebuild
  *** your Tkinter properly handle the new interface.

+ Added McIdas read support.

+ Added PIXAR raster read support.

+ Added FlashPix (FPX) read support.

+ Added Microsoft Image Composer (MIC) read support.

+ Fixed the FLI/FLC reader to properly read FLC files.

+ Fixed the PDF writer.  It now properly writes "L" and "RGB"
  images.

+ Fixed various minor problems with 0.2b4

For more information on these and other changes, see the CHANGES
document included in the distribution.

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org