[IMAGE-SIG] time to play - animations

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 11:54:41 +0200

>    OK, I've finally got some time to play around with PIL, Numeric and
>satellite imagery. In the intrests of producing All Things Pretty, I'd
>like to write animations from PIL. Has anyone written an extension that
>does this - or am I being dumb and missing something obvious in the PIL
>distribution itself? I'd prefer it to be in one of the more common formats
>such as MPEG, AVI, Quicktime, etc.

gifmaker? ;-)

seriously, I've been looking into using the Windows multimedia
extensions from PIL, but haven't had time to do anything serious
about it yet.

there's a few MPEG codecs out there, but besides those and "motion
JPEG" versions, I don't know any other non-proprietary format that's
suitable for photographic images. but an mpegmaker script would
be cool. does anyone know an MPEG codec that builds on unix and
windows, and is fairly easy to integrate?

Cheers /F

fredrik@pythonware.com
http://www.pythonware.com

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org