[IMAGE-SIG] Animation

Yu Jiang jiang@geosun.indstate.edu
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 11:32:38 -0500

Hi Everybody,

I have displayed a .tif file in a canvas with scrollbars, by importing
PIL. Now I need to do such a thing:

	As the scrollbars move, the image will rotate according to the
	scrollbar's position, such as left, right.

I can make the image to rotate an angle by calling Image.rotate() of PIL,
however, I failed to make the image to continue to rotate according to
the scrollbars's positions. I hope somebody can help me out, or tell me
what manual I can read.

So far, I tried to achieve this goal by a strategy of 'copy & paste':

1) As scrollbars moved in a new position, copy the original image by PIL
   copy function:  im = image.copy()
2) Then rotate it by im.rotate(angle)
3) Finally, paste it on the original: image.paste(im)

    def rePaint(self, angle):
	im = self.image.copy()
	im.rotate(angle)
	self.image.paste(im)
	self.update_idletasks()

However, my code does not work, nor with error. I hope somebody help me.

Thank you!

huey

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org