[PYTHON IMAGE-SIG] GIF animations in Grail

Fred L. Drake fdrake@CNRI.Reston.Va.US
Fri, 4 Apr 1997 14:48:30 -0500 (EST)

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> > This doesn't handle "in-line" GIFs.  (Sorry!)
>
> In 0.3b4, perhaps?

  We're really hoping 0.3 will be the next release; I'm not aware of
any plans for another 0.3 beta.
  The extension module I just posted is not part of Grail.  Unlike
Grail, it *requires* PIL.  Perhaps I'll have something like it in
Grail 0.4, but I can't promise the lawyers will ever let us release
such a beast.  ;-)  But I will try to get a reasonable version of this
stuff into 0.4.  The only things going into 0.3 at this point are bug
fixes.
  You are, however, welcome to distribute that module in the Grail/
directory of PIL!

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.
fdrake@cnri.reston.va.us

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org