[PYTHON IMAGE-SIG] PIL Install Problems

fbowie@resumix.com fbowie@resumix.com
Thu, 12 Sep 1996 16:01:12 -0700

Hi,  (I'm new to all of this so please don't scream at my silly questions
:)

I'm really hyped about PIL.  I'm trying to run it under PythonWin and
keep
getting the same error when I try to load a file:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "C:\Python1.3\Lib\Image.py", line 324, in open
    raise IOError, "cannot identify image file"
IOError: cannot identify image file

Trying to import the modules manually does not seem to help.
PYTHONPATH is set.  Is there some env. var. for PIL that I must set?
Any hope for Acrobat file support?

(P.S. yes, all the modules are in python\lib)
Many thanks

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org