[PYTHON IMAGE-SIG] Tkinter & callbacks, PIL

Les Davies ve6ahm@ve6ahm-1.ampr.ab.ca
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 12:37:10 -0700 (MST)

I tried to modify pilview.py to  actively increase th color
every second using Python1.4b3, PIL 2 (temp release), tk 4.0, and
kernel 2.0.6.  I added two self.after(1000, self.cmd_light)
 statements - one after the Pilview init and one at the end of
the cmd_light statement.  See the Pong demo in tkinter examples.
The self.after in cmd_light always fails with self.tk_createcommand
something about cannort create name.

Does anyone have any ideas or any suggestions where to look?  I
am busy researching the problem but PIL, python, Tkinter etc
are all new to me so it is a very interesting learning experience.

If necessary I can send out the modified pilview.py.

Les(ve6ahm@ve6ahm-1.ampr.ab.ca)

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org