[PYTHON IMAGE-SIG] Plans for PNG support?

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 00:19:36 +0100

Recently, "Fred L. Drake" <fdrake@CNRI.Reston.Va.US> said:
>   Is anyone working on supporting PNG for at least "Load" capability?
> I see that "Open" is supported, but a web browser would really require
> at least "Load".
>   If "Load" is planned for the near future, I might be convinced to
> spend a little time on the image handling for Grail.  Tk's built-in
> processing is less reliable than I care for.

I am more-or-less committed to do PNG support for img, so with the
img-to-pil bridge that would automatically give PNG support in PIL, I
guess.

I'm currently working on img, I'll probably do a new distribution some
time this month. Nothing really special, mainly support for xbm, bmp
and png.
Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org