[Idle-dev] i'm a noob with python, any one interested in helping an old coder(67yrs as of 11-30)

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Dec 1 10:21:00 EST 2022

On 12/1/2022 5:37 AM, mark distefano wrote:
> i'm wanting to start out slow and use python 2.7 with IDLE to get back
> into it.
>
> been disabled for 32 years now and not throwing in the towel. like to
> hear from some one thanks maduser1864 at gmail.com
> <mailto:maduser1864 at gmail.com>

I sending a copy of this response to your email since you are not
subscribed.  Please send any response to the list and not to me, as I am
subscribed.

Python is used by people of all ages, from kids to people at least in
their 80s. I and most anyone else will urge you to re-start with current
Python, which is 3.11, released a month ago, or 3.10, if you need 3rd
party packages.  For most of us, 2.7 is dead and increasingly and
willingly forgotten.

This list is for discussion of issues specific to IDLE and particularly
its future development.  For general discussion, you could try
Much python discussion is now on Python's Discourse site:
https://discuss.python.org/
Questions on the Python Help section are usually answered.
In both places, I would urge you to search for existing discussions
before posting.  Discourse makes it easy to browse.

--
Terry Jan Reedy