[Idle-dev] Using Redmine API in python

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Mar 7 21:32:48 EST 2019

On 3/7/2019 8:18 PM, Mariatta wrote:
> This mailing list for the development of IDLE itself, not for general
> question on how to use Python/IDLE.
>
> I would suggest posting question to Python list
> (https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-list)
>
> In addition, redmine is not part of the standard library, it is
> something you will need to install (eg by doing `python -m pip install
> redmine` if redmine is the name of the package).
> So perhaps check the documentation for redmine package itself on how to
> install it.

https://pypi.org/search/?q=redmin displays over 20 packages with
'redmine' in the name so you probably need find out which to install and
by what name.

> Good luck with the thesis.

Thank you Mariatta.  As list moderator, I approved this for posting to
give an answer like the above.  Beginners commonly confuse what IDLE
does -- help a user prepare code and pass it to python for execution --
and what Python does -- execute user code and either print as requested
or raise exception.  Import statements give beginners the most trouble.

> On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 5:03 PM Brantschen Benjamin (brantben)
> <brantben at students.zhaw.ch <mailto:brantben at students.zhaw.ch>> wrote:
>
>     Hi there
>
>     I am a student in Switzerland and I’m trying to use the redmine REST
>     API for the bachelor thesis.
>
>     I’m trying to import the redmine package on my python shell.
>
>     When I run:
>     import redmine
>
>     I get back:
>     Traceback (most recent call last):
>        File "<pyshell#31>", line 1, in <module>
>          import redmine
>     ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'redmine'
>
>     I use python 3.7.2 Tk version 8.6.8 IDLE version 3.7.2
>
>     I tried to find help on the internet but there wasn’t any so you are
>     basically my last hope :)
>

>     Freundliche Grüsse
>
>     Benjamin Brantschen, WI15t

Terry Jan Reedy