[Idle-dev] Upcoming releases

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Nov 5 02:42:21 EST 2015

Both 2.7.11c1 and 3.5.1c1 are scheduled to be tagged at some time on
Nov. 21.  Being tagged means that no more commits go into the release
candidates, while they are being prepared for the actual release the
next day.  I don't expect to put any major changes in before that, but
there are several little issues to finish, and I prefer to get things in
at least a day before the tagging.

2.7.11 and 3.5.1 are scheduled for Dec 5/6. I expect that no IDLE
commits will be needed for those.  3.4.4c1 is scheduled for the same
weekend. Its possible I won't commit anything to 3.4.4 after Nov 21,
especially not during the Thanksgiving weekend.

After that, it would normally be 4-6 months until 3.5.2.  3.6.0a1 is
scheduled for mid-May 2016.  2.7.12 should be about the same or later.
I hope we can have at least a basic complete ttk version for all three
of these releases.  I want to seriously start that in early December.

--
Terry Jan Reedy