[Idle-dev] Going to PyCon 2015?

Al Sweigart al at inventwithpython.com
Wed Apr 1 01:22:42 CEST 2015

Oh yes, I have looked at IdleX and I like many of its ideas. But
mostly I wanted to make improvements to the IDE that comes bundled
with Python (which means sticking with tkinter and the standard
library). I hold the view that most professional developers don't
really use IDLE, so changing the design to emphasize an educational
tool over an experienced developer tool would benefit more people than
it would inconvenience. I have more concrete ideas on the wiki:
https://github.com/asweigart/idle-reimagined/wiki

-Al