[Idle-dev] Idle does not open on mac

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Thu Aug 22 09:44:03 CEST 2013

On 4 Aug, 2013, at 23:07, Arie Schlesinger <arie.schlesinger at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I try to work with python 3.3.2  on macbook-air 10.8, but IDLE won't open.
> It writes "IDLE's subprocess didnit make connection.."
>
> I need this version because I prepare a course using python.
>
> Is there any suggestion ?

Do you have a firewall turned on?

How did you start IDLE, from the command line or through IDLE.app?

If the latter, could you start using the command "/Applicatons/Python 3.3/IDLE.app/Contents/MacOS/IDLE" in the terminal? That should print any error messages to the terminal, which might give more information on why the subprocess wasn't started properly.

Ronald