[Idle-dev] Talking of updates to IDLE

Bruce Sherwood Bruce_Sherwood at ncsu.edu
Wed Apr 13 02:16:11 CEST 2011

As far as I know, no. It's a good example of the very slow pace of
making changes. The VIDLE work was completed by Guilherme Polo in the
2009 Google Summer of Code, in a Python-community sanctioned project,
and Guido has given his blessing to the changes, but the process for
getting changes into the standard IDLE distribution remains opaque and
glacial. I gather it isn't anyone's "fault", and people are busy, but
somehow IDLE is an orphan in comparison with other aspects of Python.

Bruce Sherwood