[Idle-dev] Location of configuration files

Kurt B. Kaiser kbk at shore.net
Fri Oct 14 01:54:49 CEST 2005

Franz Steinhäusler <franz.steinhaeusler at gmx.at> writes:

> wouldn't it be better to place (on windows) not directly
> into the root directory (I hate cluttering the root directory
> with such "unnecessary" dirs ;) )
>
> I would evaluate the environment variable APPDATA,
> as most programs do.
> If this does not exist (win98), then look for HOMEDIR;
>
> only then, if HOMEDIR also not exist, use the root C:\.idle?
>
> Any opinions?

I don't worry too much about W98, they are single user systems
and there isn't much clutter.  If you want to submit a patch,
I'll probably add it, so long as it doesn't break systems which
already have their .idlerc in c:\.

It's been like this forever on W98.  W2K and WXP put .idlerc into the
correct user directory.

--
KBK