[Idle-dev] [ idlefork-Feature Requests-661318 ] Configure autosave

SourceForge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Mon, 26 May 2003 08:54:21 -0700

Feature Requests item #661318, was opened at 2003-01-02 16:46
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by kbk
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=359579&aid=661318&group_id=9579

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
It is important to me and my students to be able to
specify as a configuration option that autosave be in
effect. That is, when I press F5 and I have made
changes to the file, the file is overwritten with the current
version, with no dialog box intruding. The value of
autosave is that it reduces the likelihood of losing work
in case of an interruption, and the value of eliminating
the dialog box is that it increases interactivity and avoids
a loss of focus due to the intrusion. The goal is to make
full-program edit/run cycles as highly interactive as the
interactive shell. The practically infinite un-do capability
of IDLE makes autosave acceptable. And the
knowledgeable can always if desired save a copy at a
particular stage in the development process.