[Idle-dev] Re: idlefork - update, current tasks

Kurt B. Kaiser kbk@shore.net
04 Jun 2002 23:18:08 -0400

"Stephen M. Gava" <elguavas@users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> We absolutely need to retain the functionality of having a separate,
> and directly accessible from the menus 'shell only' window that can
> be opened as desired for tooling around in.

Does that mean that if I run a program in the remote window, which
will have interactive shell functionality after the program finishes,
that I can start _another_ shell in a separate window?  And that the
latter shell will not be affected by restarting the program in the
first shell?

Maybe just run another copy of Idle to get the second shell?

[...]

> > Would you like me to update the Idle vendor branch so a formal merge
> > could be done, as before, but using the diff between now and last summer?
>
> Do you mean a merge from python idle? This should be unnecessary since
> I've tracked every change to python idle since then. In fact I think
> there have been fixes and behavioural improvements in idlefork that
> aren't in idle.

Oh, sure, I was just wondering if merging the Python Idle changes
since last summer via diffs using the CVS was of interest to you.  One
certainly wouldn't want to revert the improvements! If you have
already made all the changes, then the process would come up with
"nothing to do."

Regards, KBK