[Idle-dev] problem with IDLE in Windows NT

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Thu, 07 Jun 2001 11:00:39 -0400

> Good day.
>
> I've installed Python 1.5.2 on my Windows NT machine and I would like to
> be able to use IDLE.  So I go to Start->Programs->Python1.5->IDLE
> (Python GUI) and I get this message in a pop-up window with the title
> "C:Program Files\Python\Tools\idle\idle.pyw":
>
>     Access to the specified device, path, or file is denied
>
> What gives??

No idea.  It all depends on your system setup and the choices you made
when installing Python.

I would recommend to upgrade to Python 2.1 though; the invocation of
IDLE there is more robust.  The version of IDLE is better too.