[Idle-dev] Making Python Speech-Friendly Under IDLE

JP S-C jpsc@users.sourceforge.net
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 08:38:49 -0800 (PST)

Dear ILDE-dev and IDLE fork,
     Is anyone interested in making Python's
whitespace (tabs) more speech-friendly under IDLE?  I
sent an e-mail to Meta-SIG proposing that an
Access-SIG be created and a few people suggested it
would be more fitting for IDLE than a SIG.  I run a
free software project named Ocularis
(http://ocularis.sourceforge.net) that has the goal of
making Linux more accessible.  We currently do a lot
of programming Python, so we really want to make
Python more accessible, especially for the visually
impaired.  Any thoughts or interests?  Thanks.

--JP Schnapper-Casteras
  jpsc@users.sourceforge.net