[I18n-sig] UnicodeDecodeError Ubuntu-Debian

asim yildiz asim.yildiz at hermesiletisim.net
Fri Aug 1 17:09:04 CEST 2008

i have an ubuntu 7.10 installed machine and debian etch installed server.
i have a python code that runs on my ubuntu without problem, but in
server it gives UnicodeDecodeError, is there anyway except decoding the
parameters to unicode by "unicode(param, 'utf-8')" command to get rid of
this error.

any help will be appreciated.
thx.

"<SampleCode>"

#! /usr/bin/python
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
import MySQLdb as MYSQL
import locale

locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL, 'C')
#also if i changed locale to "tr_TR.utf8" i faced with a "ROUND CEILING"
error

def a(param):

        try:

db=MYSQL.Connection(host="localhost",user="faksmakinesi",passwd="faksmakinesi1234",db="faksmakinesi",
use_unicode="true", charset="utf8")
        except MYSQL.Error, e:
                return "h1090"
        isaretci = db.cursor()
        sorgu = "select * from kullanicilar where kullanici_adi='%s'" %
(param)
        isaretci.execute(sorgu)
        sonuc=isaretci.fetchall()
        print sonuc[0][0]