[I18n-sig] Anyone here? :)

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Nov 16 21:43:45 CET 2005

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've noticed that:
>
> - Most of the email to this list recently has been spam.
>
> - The contact email for the SIG coordinator, Andy Robinson, doesn't seem
>   to be valid anymore.
>
> - My recent question to the list has gone unanswered for almost
>   a day! ;)

Hi all,

How timely.  I owe you all a large apology.

I was under the mistaken belief that I had handed over the admin
responsibilities about 2 years ago and unsubscribed; I certainly
intended to.  It  turns out that the spam filtering service I have been
subscribed to all that time (mailblocks.com, bought by AOL recently and
they shut it down  permanently today) was blocking the list altogether,
although strangely most other mailman lists came through.  I just
saw this while training Thunderbird on a fresh can of spam...

In any event I am extremely busy and not working in i18n these days, and
I'll have to ask Barry to reset my admin password (he'll confirm that
I lose them about once a year) so I would very much prefer if someone
else took over.

Sorry not to have offered a better service.

Best Regards,

Andy Robinson