[I18n-sig] Python, i18n and the W3C GEO Group

Molly Holzschlag molly at molly.com
Sat Jul 2 20:07:09 CEST 2005

Hi everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself - I'll start by saying I'm not a Python
programmer, nor am I particularly savvy at il8n - my area of Web design &
development has mostly been Web standards, markup, CSS and accessibility.
I'm also an author and technical editor, so that's how all this ties into
how I became an Invited Expert to the W3C's GEO group. This is the Education
& Outreach branch of the i18n groups within the W3C.

Part of my work there is as goodwill ambassador, reaching out to a wide
range of developers who are working in i18n to help build bridges between
developer needs and W3C specifications, as well as helping to make W3C
information more understandable to the community at large.

So, my interest in this group is primarily to be a "fly on the wall" and
learn about developer concerns in Python as they pertain to i18n, and if
it's okay with folks here, to occasionally drop a line about W3C i18n issues
that would be of interest to this group.

I'm also dearly interested in any references you might recommend for me to
read up more on top dev issues in Python wrt i18n.

Thanks everyone,
Molly :)

Molly E. Holzschlag
Author / Instructor / Web Designer