[I18n-sig] pygettext question

Greg Ward gward at python.net
Sun Jun 6 18:13:02 EDT 2004

Hi all -- I'm playing around with Python's I18N tools and gettext for
the first time right now, and I have a silly question about pygettext.
After I ran it the first time, I edited the meta-data block at the top
so it has the project name and version and my name and email address:

  msgid ""
  msgstr ""
  "Project-Id-Version: Optik 1.5\n"
  "POT-Creation-Date: Thu Jun  3 21:53:18 2004\n"
  "PO-Revision-Date: 2004-06-06 17:53-0400\n"
  "Last-Translator: Greg Ward <gward at python.net>\n"
  "Language-Team: \n"
  "Generated-By: pygettext.py 1.5\n"

But when I change messages in the code and re-run pygettext, that block
is clobbered with the default version.  ;-(

How do I get pygettext to preserve my existing value here?  (Likewise
for the leading comment block, which has a copyright statement?)

Thanks --

        Greg

PS. anyone interested in translating strings for Optik/optparse?
There are only 18 messages, all short and simple.  Please get in touch
if you can help...

--
Greg Ward <gward at python.net>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
Yield to temptation; it may not pass your way again.