[I18n-sig] Re: CJKCodecs 0.9 is released

JasonR.Mastaler JasonR.Mastaler
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 21:13:36 -0600

Hye-Shik Chang <perky@fallin.lv> writes:

> Yup. KoreanCodecs will be retired after CJKCodecs 1.0 is released.
> And, I don't have permissions to replace the others because I am not
> an author of them.

Have you contacted the authors of {C,J}Codecs?  Perhaps they would be
willing to contribute to your package in order to retire theirs?

> I don't think CJKCodecs can replace Chinese and JapaneseCodecs
> immediately.

Why is this exactly, because of bugs in CJKCodecs?  Your comparison
chart showed that CJKCodecs supports at least all the codecs that
{C,J,K}Codecs do combined.