[I18n-sig] I18n sprints

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 12:51:18 -0500

Hi,

I'd like to invite people from this list to participate in some sprints
scheduled to focus on I18n/L10n for Zope and other Python applications.

A sprint is a multi-day focused development session, in which
developers pair in a room and focus on building a particular
subsystem. A sprint is organized with a coach leading the session. The
coach sets the agenda, tracks activities, and keeps the development
moving. The developers work in pairs using XP's pair programming
approach.

The sprint approach works best when the first few hours are spent
getting oriented -- presenting a tutorial for the development
material, laying out the stories to tackle for the day, getting
everyone a CVS checkout to work with.

See also the section "Sprinting Explained" at the bottom of this page:
http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/SprintSchedule

The two sprints are:

- PyCon, http://www.python.org/pycon/, sprint, March 24-25, 2003
   in Washington D.C..
   See http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/PyConSprint.

- Louvain-la-neuve Sprint April 8-11, 2003, in Louvain-la-neuve,
   Belgium.  See http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/LouvainLaNeuveSprint.

Jim