[I18n-sig] Plural forms

Juan David Ibáñez Palomar j-david@noos.fr
Fri, 06 Sep 2002 18:13:02 +0200

Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>    >> A question, since now xgettext supports Python (didn't tried
>    >> it, but that's what the documentation says), why not to
>    >> depracate pygettext and stop its development?
>
>    MvL> For one thing, it is good that batteries are included - you
>    MvL> may not have GNU gettext, and you may not be able to install
>    MvL> it as you don't have a C compiler, either - in particular, if
>    MvL> you are using a MS Windows system.
>
>Sure, but I'm less concerned about that because not many people
>actually need to do extractions or catalog building.  Those people can
>probably manage to install gettext.
>
>    MvL> For another thing, I don't think that xgettext supports the
>    MvL> extraction of docstrings.
>
>This one's more important.  /Selective/ extraction of docstrings is
>critical to me.

Probably not, but I'd prefer to add selective extraction
of docstrings to xgettext than plural forms support to
pygettext.

Ok, I add the task "add plural forms support to the gettext
Python module" to my task queue.

See you,

--
J. David Ibáñez, http://www.j-david.net
Software Engineer / Ingénieur Logiciel / Ingeniero de Software