[I18n-sig] Re: Spam report (mail.python.org): 23 new messages

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:25:11 +0100

Martijn Pieters wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 06:30:01AM -0500, postmaster@python.org wrote:
>
>> 2) "Please confirm your request to join locales"
>>    from Yahoo! Groups <confirm-s2-_8BHJWCUmD1ZB6R3Gry4c9VhPEU-i18n-sig=python.org@yahoogroups.com>
>>    for i18n-sig@python.org
>>    received 2002-11-11 17:58:46
>

> There are three requests to confirm a Yahoo Groups membership to the
> locales@yahoogroups.com mailinglist in our spam queue, all a few minutes
> apart.
>
> Were these requests legitimate? Although the goal of the locales mailinglist
> seems to fit with the i18n-sig group, I am wondering wether or not it was
> really the goal to subscribe the whole sig to that list.
 >
> Can someone confirm? I'll rescue one of the confirmation requests then.

Those messages are spam. It doesn't really make sense to subscribe
one mailing list to another. If someone wants to read both lists,
he or she should subscribe to both lists.

BTW, thanks for installing a spam protection against these
signup requests.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH