[I18n-sig] plural forms (patch)

Barry A. Warsaw barry@python.org
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 17:55:05 -0500

>>>>> "JDIP" =3D=3D Juan David Ib=E1=F1ez Palomar <j-david@noos.fr> wri=
tes:

    JDIP> Attached is the patch to gettext.py and a new
    JDIP> test_gettext.py file. The file "test/output/test_gettext"
    JDIP> should be removed.

There's a problem with the patch.  You need to provide either unified
diffs or context 2 diffs.  Personally I prefer unified, but either
would be better than simply "diff".

    JDIP> There's however an issue, as far as I know there isn't any
    JDIP> tool able to parse Python plural forms, though, I only tried
    JDIP> xgettext.

See if you can extend Tools/i18n/pygettext.py to parse them.

    JDIP> It remains to update the documentation, I'll do it by the
    JDIP> end of this month.

Cool.
-Barry