[I18n-sig] JapaneseCodecs 1.4.6 released

Tamito KAJIYAMA kajiyama@grad.sccs.chukyo-u.ac.jp
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 20:41:36 +0900

Hi all,

I've released JapaneseCodecs 1.4.6.  The source tarball is
available in the following location.

http://www.python.jp/Zope/download/JapaneseCodecs/JapaneseCodecs-1.4.6.tar.gz

Fixed are annoying bugs in Shift_JIS and MS932 codes that
convert some half-width Katakana into wrong Unicode characters.

This release also contains an improvement in codes for finding
the location of the site-packages directory (to which the file
japanese.pth is installed).  In the previous version, there was
a problem that japanese.pth was installed into a wrong place
when running setup.py bdist.  I worked around this problem by
determining the file's destination based on platform (following
the same logic in site.py that figures out the location of the
site-packages directory).  Now setup.py should allow bdist to be
successfully done without any modifications.  Please let me know
if this change causes trouble.

KAJIYAMA, Tamito <kajiyama@grad.sccs.chukyo-u.ac.jp>