[I18n-sig] JapaneseCodecs 1.4.7 released

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
25 Jul 2002 09:50:56 +0200

barry@python.org (Barry A. Warsaw) writes:

> I just realized we still have a problem with this distutils package.
> It still insists on installing japanese.pth in
> /usr/local/lib/python-2.2/site-packages even if I include
> --install-lib and --install-purelib switches to the "python setup.py
> install" command.

Since japanese.pth is processed as a 'data' file, you have two options:
1. Only invoke the install_lib command, not the install command.
   This will then avoid the install_headers, install_scripts, and
   install_data commands (the first two not being used here, anyway).

2. Provide the --install-data= argument to the install command, to
   specify an alternative prefix for data files.