[I18n-sig] gettext and windows

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 19:51:26 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I'm testing an app that runs fine under linux, but whose l10n fails under
windows (Win98). By tracking down the code in gettext.py, I saw that
this module uses environment variables to get the current locale. However,
this is not the correct way of doing things on Windows system, since the
LC_ALL variables is generally not set, resulting in the C locale being
used.

I have a patch which uses locale.getdefaultlocale()[0] to get information,
but I wanted to know if there was a reason why this had not been used in
the first place.

Thanks

Alexandre Fayolle
--
LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Narval, the first software agent available as free software (GPL).