[I18n-sig] Support for "wide" Unicode characters

Machin, John JMachin@Colonial.com.au
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 22:27:45 +1000

Guido asked:
   Does UTF-8 transfer isolated surrogates correctly?

No. See my bug report in SF. Briefly, a lone high
surrogate has its leading UTF-8 byte omitted,
causing an illegal UTF-8 sequence to be generated.

Here's the URL:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=5470&atid=105470&func=detail&aid=43
3882

(or search for "surrogates")

**************   IMPORTANT MESSAGE  **************

The information contained in or attached to this message is intended only for the people it is addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this information is unauthorised and prohibited. This information may be confidential or subject to legal privilege. It is not the expressed view of Colonial Limited or any of its subsidiaries unless that is clearly stated. Colonial cannot accept liability for any virus damage caused by this message.