[I18n-sig] UCS-4 configuration

Wed, 27 Jun 2001 18:21:41 +0200

> The majority of macros use Py_, but a few use PY_.  I'd stick with Py_
> unless you're defining a new one that's part of a series that already
> uses PY_.
>
> In the Unicode support, the only one using PY_ seems to be
> PY_UNICODE_TYPE.  Since that's a recent addition, there's time to
> rename it.

PY_UNICODE_TYPE is the #define that is used in the typedef for
Py_UNICODE; it should not be used elsewhere. I couldn't figure out how
to have autoconf generate typedefs, so I generate a
#define. Originally, I wanted to use PY_UNICODE for the #define, but
then thought it to be too similar to Py_UNICODE, hence
PY_UNICODE_TYPE.

Changing it to Py_UNICODE_TYPE sounds fine to me.