[I18n-sig] Unicode Maintenance

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 09:52:31 +0200

Looking at the recent burst of checkins for the Unicode implementation
completely bypassing the standard SF procedure and possible comments
I might have on the different approaches, I guess I've been ruled out
as maintainer and designer of the Unicode implementation.

Well, I guess that's how things go. Was nice working for you guys,
but no longer is... I'm tired of having to defend myself against
meta-comments about the design, uncontrolled checkins and no true
backup about my standing in all this from Guido.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding the role of a maintainer and
implementation designer, but as it is all respect for the work I've
put into all this seems faded. That's the conclusion I draw from recent
postings by Martin and Fredrik and their nightly "takeover".

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH