[I18n-sig] Strawman Proposal (2): Encoding attributes

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 07:27:45 +0100

> you really feel comfortable saying: "this is technically possible
> and maybe someone has even submitted a patch to allow it but we
> won't support it because we think everyone should code in English."

I would not feel comfortable, because I doubt it is technically
possible. It may work for identifiers of variables (including
functions and classes), however, it will surely fail for the names of
packages and modules.

As I said before, I tried to write such a program in Java, which is
intended to support this. It failed, because the interpreter could not
find the class file (which must have the name of the class in Java,
unfortunately).