[I18n-sig] Re: Patch 101320: doc strings

Wed, 6 Sep 2000 20:42:27 +0200

> > having a single textual domain for all extensions would not be
> > feasible; they certainly will have their own domain.
>
> You mean, for the Python distribution?

No, not for the Python distribution. For extensions to Python: pyqt,
gnome-python, NumPy.

> What do you mean by `not feasable'

It is not feasible that everybody writing a Python library submits her
doc strings to the Python maintainers for inclusion into the python
textual domain.

> and `certainly'?

If anybody writing a Python library, and can't use the python domain,
then he'll certainly create his own one.

> I do not understand the need of splitting.  What is it?

It is the same reason why there isn't a single coordinated domain for
all free software.