[I18n-sig] Re: Patch 101320: doc strings

Tue, 5 Sep 2000 08:51:16 +0200

> I wrote most of that manual, and I do not remember that :-).  But it was
> quite a while ago, and we discussed _so_ many things at the time...

So I guess it's your text I'm quoting here:

   The size S of the hash table can be zero.  In this case, the hash
  table itself is not contained in the MO file.  Some people might
  prefer this because a precomputed hashing table takes disk space,
  and does not win *that* much speed.

I actually preferred this 'cause it's easier to implement :-) It's
interesting to notice that the description of the mo file format needs
126 lines of English text and that the implementation of a generator
needs only 194 lines of text (of which only 122 contain actual Python
code).